Chicken Fried Rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Syn free on Slimming World.
- Rice, cooked, 2 portions (I use half brown, half white)
- Chicken, cooked, 200g
- Turkey rashers, half pack (I use smoked rashers, can use bacon instead)
- Chinese 5 Spice, 2 tsp (or more to taste)
- Beef stock cube
- Garlic, crushed (more than one, if liked)
- Spring onions, 4
- Mushrooms, 8
- Sweetcorn, frozen, half a cup
- Soy beans or peas, frozen, half a cup
- Egg, beaten
- Soy sauce, 2 tbsp (plus more to serve)
- Lemon juice to serve
- STEP 1Fry the turkey rashers in low calorie spray for 5 minutes in a large frying pan. Add the mushrooms and spring onions and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the cooked chicken, 5 Spice, crumbled stock cube, lemon juice, 2 tbsp soy sauce, sweetcorn and soy beans, and stir fry until heated through.
- STEP 3Add the cooked rice. When everything is heated through, create a well in the centre of the pan. Spray low calorie cooking oil into the centre of the well and add the egg. Break the egg up into very small pieces as it cooks (chopsticks or skewers are good for this) and when it is set, mix it with the other ingredients in the pan.
- STEP 4Tip the rice mixture into a bowl and serve with more soy sauce, if needed, and some lemon juice, if liked.