Chicken fried rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 eggs, beaten with some seasoning
- 320g pack mixed stir-fry vegetable
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 140g frozen sweetcorn
- 600g cooked rice see tip, below
- 1 roasted chicken breast, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- STEP 1
Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan and tip in the beaten eggs. Swirl the pan to coat in a thin layer of egg and cook for a few mins until set. Tip onto a chopping board, roll up, slice thinly and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat a little more oil, add the stir-fry veg, curry powder and sweetcorn with a splash of water. Cook for 1-2 mins until the veg starts to wilt, then tip into a bowl. Add the last of the oil to the pan, tip in the rice and chicken, mix well, then add the soy sauce, sweet chilli, ketchup, a splash of water and some black pepper.
- STEP 3
Finally, add the eggs and the veg, toss together and heat through until hot. Tip into bowls and serve immediately.