- Preparation and cooking time
- Can leave to simmer for extra time for more flavour at your own discression
- Serves 4
A simple slightly healthier spaghetti bolognese that is quick and easy to make.
- 500G Beef Mince (5% fat for healthier option)
- 1 White Onion
- 250G Mushrooms
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Stick of Celery
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 390G Passata
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoon Tomato Pureé
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoon Basil (Fresh or dried)
- STEP 1Place oil in large pan and bring to heat, once hot, add finely chopped onions, carrot, celery and mushrooms (mushrooms can be sliced or chunked, however you prefer).
- STEP 2Once all veg has sweated off/softened, add beef mince (making sure to break apart with hands for more even cooking), add salt and pepper at this point too.
- STEP 3Once meat has fully browned off, add tomato pureé & cook for a further 2 minutes. After this add passata & beef stock, stir through, leave to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally (The longer you leave it, the thicker and more flavoursome it will become).
- STEP 4Add basil 2 minutes before serving and stir through.