Pesto on toast with kale and mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
If you are getting bored of Avocado toast, try this pesto toast with kale and mushrooms. It is a quick and tasty recipe for breakfast, brunch, a quick snack, lunch, a light dinner, a starter or even tapas.
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 80g kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto sauce
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 ciabatta or any bread you like
- 10g pine nuts for topping (optional)
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the minced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns slightly golden in colour.
- STEP 2Add the chopped kale and mushrooms, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- STEP 3Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally, then roughly cut into 5cm slices and toast. Spread the pesto sauce evenly over each piece. Top with the cooked kale and mushrooms and sprinkle some pine nuts on top. Serve while warm.