Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spicy lamb pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Healthy and yummy lamb pie with potato topping
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large or 2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 500g lean lamb, trimmed of fat and diced
- 3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaf
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 vegetable oxo cube
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Two handfuls of frozen peas
- STEP 1Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion and fry lightly for 5 mins, then add lamb and fry until browned.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, par boil the carrots for 5 mins
- STEP 3Add carrots and peas to the pan, then add garlic, coriander and spices. Stir to mix well, then crumble in the oxo cube. Add about 100ml of boiling water, then simmer for 15 mins.
- STEP 4Meanwhile place the potato slices into a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10 mins, then drain and allow to cool a little.
- STEP 5Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and add to the lamb. Cook for a further 5 mins, then take off the heat. Add seasoning as required.
- STEP 6Put the lamb mixture into an oven dish, then arrange the potato slices on top with some seasoning if you like. Place into the oven and cook for 25-30 mins.
- STEP 7Note - you can dot butter onto the potatoes before placing into the oven if you like. Or alternatively you can use puff pastry instead of the potatoes