Coal roast onion soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Weber brings us another delicious soup recipe.
- 800g Chicken wings
- 2tbs Olive oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1kg onions
- 15g fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. soft brown sugar.
- 2 litres of water
- Salt pepper to taste
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- 30ml brandy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Cut the onions in half. Tear a large sheet of tin foil and fold in half. Place onions, thyme, sugar and oil in the onions and tightly wrap.
- STEP 2Place them next to the lit coals in a kettle barbecue and bake for 2 hours. If you’re using a gas grill aim for a medium to high heat and cook indirect.
- STEP 3Add a little salt and oil to the chicken wings and roast for around 45 mins until they become crisp and golden.
- STEP 4In a large saucepan, add 2 litres of water. To this, add the roasted chicken wings and simmer for around one hour. Remove the wings from the liquid strip any desired meat of the bones and set aside.
- STEP 5Remove Onions from Barbecue once the 2 hours has passed and open the foil pastels. The onions should have caramelize and become very soft. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes before trying to handle them. Pour any liquid from the onion into the stock.
- STEP 6Take onions out of their skins and discard the skin. Chop the soft onions in to small pieces. Add the onions to the stock.
- STEP 7Flavour with Brandy Worcestershire, salt and pepper. serve with a large crouton and meted Swiss cheese.