Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tomato and mushroom pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Pasta in a herby tomato sauce with sliced mushrooms.
- 4 beef tomatoes (or any large tomato)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Handfull of fresh herbs (I use oregano and thyme), finely chopped
- 10ml red wine
- 400g fusilli pasta
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 300g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive oil to fry
- Grated parmesan to serve
- STEP 1Boil a kettle of water and score a large cross into each tomato. Place the tomatoes into the boiling water until the skin begins to peel. Remove the skin from the tomatoes.
- STEP 2Place the tomatoes into a food blender to make the tomato puree.
- STEP 3In a large frying pan or wok, add olive oil and fry the chopped onion until soft. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue frying until the mushrooms are also soft.
- STEP 4Poor in the red wine and continue frying for one minute. Add the tomato puree along with the herbs and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is of the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 5Cook the pasta in boiling water for around 4-5 minutes (depends on brand) and then stir into the sauce. Serve imediataly topped with parmesan.