Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Mature cheddar & Pink Onion and Chilli Chutney Toastie.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Its simple delights really. Pink onion & chilli relish is such a good base for any sandwich, It has the kick you need to cut through the cheese as well as the jam-like sweetness to mellow it out.You can't go wrong with some mature cheddar cheese and onion and chilli chutney.
- A knob of spreadable butter
- 2 slices of bread
- 3-4tbs of Rubies Pink onion & chilli chutney
- 100g of Mature cheddar cheese
- STEP 1Start by buttering one side of each slice of bread.
- STEP 2Then spread the pink onion and chilli chutney on the un-buttered side of each slice of bread. Make sure it is will covered.
- STEP 3Grate the cheese and place it on top of the county. Fold the sandwich together ensuring that the buttered side of the bread is facing outwards.
- STEP 4Finally, put the sandwich in either a frying or grilled pan, which ever you prefer. Cook for 3-4 minuet each side. Make sure that the bread is nice and crisp and of a golden colour and that the cheese is suitably melted. Eat whilst hot.