Homemade Spaghetti Bolognese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A simple homemade Spaghetti Bolognese for the whole family to enjoy.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Large Carrot
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 500g Lean Minced Beef
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Large Tin of Chopped Tomatos
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 Red/White Wine Stock Pot (Personal Preference)
- 1 tbsp Marmite
- Basil & Oregano
- Grated Grana Padano
- 150ml Boiling Water
- STEP 1Fry off the Lean Beef Mince until browned all over. Whilst Beef is browning, Chop the Onions and Carrots as per your preference. Drain the Beef of excess fat once it has Browned all over
- STEP 2Prepare the stock by adding the Beef stock cube, Wine stock pot, Crushed Garlic Cloves, Basil and Oregano to the 150ml boiling water.
- STEP 3Add the Olive Oil to a large pan, and fry off the Onions over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until it begins to soften then add the Beef and Carrot.
- STEP 4Stir in the Tomato Puree, followed by the Marmite for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 5Add the Chopped Tomato and then the Beef stock. Pour the Beef Stock in slowly, using it to rinse the tin out on its way in to the pan.
- STEP 6Season lightly with Salt and Pepper. Stir slowly but thoroughly for 2-3 minutes, ensuring an even mix of ingredients throughout.
- STEP 7Reduce to a low heat and cover. Leave to simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- STEP 8Remove cover for final 10 minutes.
- STEP 9Start cooking Spaghetti, in lightly salted water. Remove Bolognese from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- STEP 10Serve over cooked Spaghetti and sprinkle the grated Grana Padano.