Brunch Lamb Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Tomato and egg give this a superb breakfast vibe, but it still packs a good punch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for frying the eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves kept to serve
- 2 large red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g minced lamb
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 410g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large egg (per serving)
- Sprinkle of grated parmesan (per serving)
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook for 7-8 minutes, until translucent.
- STEP 2Add the coriander stalks, chilli and cumin seeds, then briefly stir before adding in the tomato puree. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes before adding all the ground spices. Briefly stir before adding in the lamb. Continue to cook until the lamb is browned.
- STEP 3Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes darken and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
- STEP 4Add the chickpeas and simmer for another 5 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the eggs sunny side up (or however preferred) in a little oil.
- STEP 5Serve the lamb curry with rice. Top with the fried egg, the parmesan and a few coriander leaves if desired.