Uncle Sean's spag bol great for the freezer
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is our families favorite meal when we get together. It is the best spag bol I have ever eaten!
- 2 big onions
- 4/5 garlic cloves
- tbsp oregano
- tbsp marjoram
- 1/3 tube tomato puree
- 2/3 bay leaves
- ~500g organic lean beef mince
- 1x tin chopped tomatoes
- STEP 1chop the onion, squash the garlic put in a big ban on low and leave to sweat
- STEP 2get a mug. Put the oregano, marjoram, tomato puree and bay leaves in. fill the mug with hot water, stir. If you've time do this step the day before/ hour before to let the flavors infuse. If not it works all the same
- STEP 3get a heavy bottomed frying pan. Heat it up so its really hot. Put the meat in. Move it about and brown it all over. Once it's all brown add the mug of herbs. Keep it hot and simmering for 10 mins while stirring occasionally then and add the chopped tomatoes. Leave on simmer for 45 mins. Done. To freeze just wack it in a container (Preferably glass not plastic) either once it has cooled after cooking or the next days left overs after eating the night before.