Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Herby spinach folded eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This light and fluffy omelette style breakfast gives you a hit of protein, iron, calcium plus a range of vitamins and minerals to kick start your day.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 tbs grated parmesan
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp finely chopped basil
- 1 small red chilli
- STEP 1Whisk the eggs in a bowl to combine before adding the milk, finely chopped spinach, parmesan, herbs and finely chopped chilli. Mix well.
- STEP 2Head a small pan over a medium heat and add a dash of olive oil and melt a small knob of butter. Add to this the egg mixture and swirl the pan so that the mixture covers it evenly. Leave to cook on one side for two minutes before carefully flipping. Cook for 10 seconds before folding in half and in half again. This will ensure the omelette isn't overcooked and still retains a custardy centre.
- STEP 3Serve on toasted sourdough or simply on its own drizzled with chilli oil.