The BEST Tiramisu
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 9
This Recipe is really, really good because it shows you how to make the PERFECT Tiramisu.
- 4 Eggs
- 500g Mascapone
- 1x 200g Packet of Finger Biscuits
- Coffee Espresso (for 6 persons, preferably with a Moka)
- 4 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 8 Tbsp Liquor (Optional) plus extra for when biscuits are in position (Optional)
- Cocoa Powder for serving
- STEP 1Make a coffee (preferably with a Moka) and let it go cold but don’t put it in the fridge.
- STEP 2In the meantime whist you’re waiting, separate the eggs and put the caster sugar in the yolk and whisk. Make sure it’s creamy! NOTE: YOU MUST CLEAN THE WHISK BEFORE STAGE 3!
- STEP 3Whisk the egg whites with a CLEAN WHISK really well until it’s not runny at all.
- STEP 4Now mix in the mascarpone with a whisk into the yolk mixture. If you are using Liquor, add 8 Tbsp of it into the mixture and whisk.
- STEP 5Now FOLD in the egg white in the yolk mixture.
- STEP 6Now put a spread of mixture at the bottom of the oblong dish (rectangular dish).
- STEP 7Then dunk the finger biscuits in the COLD coffee all around the dish on top of the mixture. Then repeat the whole process again and end up with the mixture on top.
- STEP 8Then cover with cling film and it’s best to refrigerate for 1 day for it to settle but it’s not necessary. Just before serving sieve cocoa powder on top and you’re ready to go!