Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spaghetti Con Chorizo
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A hot and sweet spaghetti dish using chorizo instead of mince. Very simple to do and very tasty!
- 1/2 Chorizo Ring (Recommend Tesco's Finest) - 225g
- 250g Spaghetti
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 10 Piccolo Tomatoes / Cherry Tomatoes
- A couple of Basil leaves.
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Fresh Chilli (can use a full chilli if you like it hot)
- 1 Tsp Instant Coffee
- Pinch of Oregano
- STEP 1Peel, slice and then dice or tear the chorizo into little pieces and then dry fry it in a deep pan, making sure to stir frequently as the juices can be very sticky and easily burns. Do NOT use any oil, the chorizo will cook in its own juices. Once chorizo is part-fried, add a crushed garlic clove and fry a little longer.
- STEP 2Put Spaghetti on to boil, making sure you salt the pan. Drain the bulk of the oil that will have leaked out of the chorizo before chopping tomatoes into quarters and add to the mix and stir. De-seed and chop up the chilli, and add that to the pan as well. (You can oil your hands first and wash after to stop the hotness from sticking to your fingers as much when you chop, or you can use scissors.)
- STEP 3Finely chop up the basil and add to the pan. Keep stirring the mix frequently. Then sprinkle the oregano, instant coffee and sugar into the pan and stir. After this mix has been thoroughly combined, test. If it is too spicy, you can stir in some more brown sugar to tame the heat. Once the spaghetti is cooked, toss with the chorizo mix, garnish and serve!