Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Akuri Scrambled Eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Akuri is a Parsi style spicy scrambled egg dish that is full of flavour and is guaranteed to liven up your breakfast!
- 1x large tomato finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 1/4 of a green chilli finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- Small bunch of coriander finely chopped
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- STEP 1Melt the butter over a high heat in a heavy nonstick frying pan (be careful not to let it burn). Once it begins to bubble, add the finely chopped tomato, onion and chilli, the chilli power, turmeric and salt. Stir and cook for around a minute but do not let the onion fully soften, you want to keep a bit of crunch.
- STEP 2Add 1sp of water and then the beaten egg and chopped coriander. Continuously stir as you would if making scrambled eggs, approx 30-90 seconds. Take the pan off the heat just before the eggs look done, they will continue to cook from their own heat.
- STEP 3Spoon the eggs over freshly toasted sourdough, as a twist to a full English or for a truly Bombay breakfast, spread some mango or tomato chutney over a slightly toasted naan bread and then top with the delicious spicy eggs. The addition of crispy bacon is optional! Enjoy!