Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Simple, filling, spicy vegetable curry. Use any veg you like, add cooked chicken instead of chickpeas to make meaty.
- 1 onion - thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic - thinly chopped
- 2 medium potatoes - yellow/red/sweet. Diced 2cm cubes
- I large carrot sliced into 0.5-1cm rounds
- 1 large green/red pepper. Diced
- 200g green beans/broccoli/cauliflower
- 3 spring onions - chopped
- 1tsp vegetable oil/groundnut oil
- 4 Cardamom pods - slightly squished
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 200ml coconut milk
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 400g tinned chickpeas - rinsed
- 1/2 Lemon - Juiced
- 1/2 rounded tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp coriander - fresh/frozen chopped
- STEP 1Heat pan and add 4cardamom pods to toast lightly. 1 minute.
- STEP 2Add oil and heat to medium. Add onions and sauté for 5-7 minutes until they start to sweat.
- STEP 3Add 1/4tsp Tumeric, 1/2 rounded tsp Cayenne pepper and 4cloves Garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- STEP 4Add potatoes and carrots, a splash of water/stock and stir to coat. cover pan and leave for 5/10 mins. Add a little more water/stock and leave for 5/10 minutes more.
- STEP 5Add green beans/broccoli/cauliflower and half of the remaining vegetable stock.
- STEP 6Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 7Check to see if potatoes are cooked. If not repeat step 6.
- STEP 8Stir in chickpeas, garam masala, the remaining stock and boil until vegetables are cooked and the liquid reduced. If you wish to add left over cooked chicken instead of chickpeas, add this now.
- STEP 9Add coconut milk, spring onions and stir. Heat through but do not allow to boil. Stir in lemon juice and the coriander. Serve with rice.