Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy vegetable soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
Main ingredients are potatoes, onions and kale leaves but highly adaptable to other vegetables like courgette, cauliflower, carrot and peas.
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion or some spring onions with half an onion
- 3 large peeled potatoes roughly chopped
- ca 1.8 L vegetable or chicken broth (diluted and saltiness tasted on your own)
- ca 0.7 L chopped kale leaves
- A few cauliflower florets chopped into small pieces
- Half or a whole courgette chopped into triangle chunks
- ca 0.5 L milk
- Pepper (and salt) to taste
- STEP 1In a large pot (over 2.5 L), add 1.8 L broth, courgette and cauliflower then heat up to boil for 5-10 mins. Then add the kale leaves into the pot boil until they are softened and turned into dark green colour. Keep the pot warm by a small flame.
- STEP 2Heat the butter in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add the potato and onion, sauté until they have golden brown colour, sprinkle come pepper.
- STEP 3Put the sautéed potato and onion into the pot and swirl. **If you have leftover meatballs, you can also put them in. But for chicken breast strips, better cook them separately and add them in the pot after blending.
- STEP 4Use a heavy-duty blender (cup shaped or the bar) to break all the solid ingredients into shreds until no more chunks and smooth. Add 0.5 L milk and blend again. Taste and add more pepper/salt if needed then blend once again.
- STEP 5Main tip is keeping the pot warm with a flame underneath the pot and preferably use a bar shaped blender to blend directly at the same time. This soup is adaptable to other vegetables like carrots and peas. Make up your own idea to explore the best taste.