Crispy lamb sweetbreads, ox tongue, bacon, potato risotto and girolles
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
This is a delicious celebration of flavours and I love it.
- 400g of peeled lamb heart sweetbreads
- 200g of cooked slices of ox tongue
- 100g fresh girolles
- 1tbsp parsley
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 200g potatoes
- 2tbsp rice powder
- 100g parmesan
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 bottle of white wine
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g flour
- STEP 1Start of with the potato risotto. Sweat the shallot off and then add chopped potato and rice powder, Add white wine and evaporate and then chicken stock and cook until the potatoes are tender. Then add the parmesan.
- STEP 2Grill the bacon for a few minutes until golden brown and crisp but not burnt.
- STEP 3For the sweetbreads coat them in the egg yolk then flower and cook over a medium heat in butter for 2-3 minutes each side and crispy.
- STEP 4Fully clean the girolles and cook them in some butter with lemon juice and parsley until they have released all their juices. Reserve this.
- STEP 5Serve everything including the girolle liquor and the slices of ox tongue. Add pepper but no salt.