Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Easy Macaroni Cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Very simple Macaroni Cheese
- 570ml milk
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 200g macaroni pasta
- 150g strong cheddar grated
- 50g red leicester cheese grated
- STEP 1Boil water and when boiling, add pasta.
- STEP 2Mix butter and flour to make a roux in a saucepan. Take off the heat.
- STEP 3Introduce and gradual mix in the milk to make sure it remains smooth.
- STEP 4Return to heat and once bubbling, remove from heat.
- STEP 5Stir in cheese until it has all melted.
- STEP 6Drain the pasta into a casserole dish, add the cheese sauce and sprinkle the red Leicester on the top.
- STEP 7Place under grill and remove when slightly browned.