Baby Sweetcorn and Mushroom in Oyster Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A super simple and quick vegetable stir fry recipe that will make re think why you ever ordered a chinese takeaway. Flash frying the sweetcorn and the mushroom to give you the much loved “wok hay” flavour that is in all good stir frys to be finished with an enveloping pepper and garlic oyster sauce that is just to die for.
- • 200g Baby sweetcorn, cut into 1 inch pieces • 200g Chestnut Mushrooms, washed and cut in half
- • 1 Red bell pepper, deseeded, halved and cut into 3cm thin strips • 2 Large cloves of garlic, Cut into very thin slices
- • 4 Cracks of black pepper • 1 1/2 Tbsp. Groundnut oil
- • 4 Level Tsp. Cornflower • Enough warm water to make a paste (Approx. 50ml)
- For the Sauce • 2 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce • 4 Tsp. Dark Soy sauce • 2 Tsp. Caster Sugar • 150 ml Warm water
- STEP 11. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and make the cornflower paste. Set aside. 2. In a wok, heat up the groundnut oil over a very high heat until smoking. 3. Add the sliced Garlic and fry while stirring until just beginningto turn golden (approx. 15 seconds).
- STEP 24. Add the sweetcorn and stir fry for approx. 90 seconds. 5. Add the mushrooms and stir fry for 30 seconds. 6. Pour in the sauce, place on the lid and simmer over a low heat for 3 -4 minutes.
- STEP 37. Bring the heat to high until the sauce bubbles vigorously, add the cornflower paste and stir well. 8. Add the cracked black pepper, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. 9. Serve with boiled rice.