Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Freezing time: 4-6hrs
- Serves 2
Pomegranate is a berry, and is an excellent source of dietary fibre, folate and anti-oxidants. This recipe may account for one-a-day diet recommendations. I give it a personal touch by adding a pinch of cumin powder. Black salt is optional in this recipe - black salt is rock salt sourced from Himalayas. It is pungent, and strong and sulfuric to taste.
- 2 large Pomegranates, deseeded
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of cumin powder
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Black salt and mint leaves optional
- STEP 1Liquidise the pomegranate seeds and strain.
- STEP 2Add sugar, lemon juice and cumin powder to the liquid, and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- STEP 3Freeze the liquid for about 4 to 6hrs. Remove from the freezer, transfer to a blender, and crush until slushy.
- STEP 4Serve in dessert glasses, garnished with mint leaves. Optional: Sparingly sprinkle black salt all over.