Halloumi, pomegranate & walnut salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp za’atar
- 150g rocket leaves
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 50g walnut halves, toasted
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- ½ small bunch of dill, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- STEP 1
Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Brush the halloumi slices on each side with the olive oil. Sprinkle the za’atar onto a plate and press both sides of the halloumi pieces into the spice mix. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the halloumi for 30 seconds-1 min on each side until golden and crisp.
- STEP 3
Divide the rocket, halloumi, fennel, walnuts and pomegranate seeds between plates. Drizzle over the dressing and scatter with the dill.