Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Green Coconut Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
This recipe is my healthy gluten, wheat and dairy-free curry - full of goodness and easy to make! Credit: www.mollybhealthy.com
- Two Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 3 Chicken Breasts or 2 Sweet Potatoes for Veggie Version
- 1 Red Onion
- One Can of Organic Coconut Milk (400ml)
- 1/4 Cup of Ground Almonds
- 2 Teaspoons of Coconut Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons of Tumeric
- Thumbsize piece of Ginger
- Thumbsize piece of Garlic
- Handful of Coriander
- 1 Lime
- Flaked Almonds for Decoration
- STEP 1Chop the chicken into small equal chunks and fry off in a large saucepan with some coconut oil. If you are using sweet potato, peel the skins and chop into smallish chunks. Steam or boil until tender, make sure they don't go too soft! Next, thinly slice the onion and cook with the chicken, until everything is brown and cooked through.
- STEP 2In a blender/nutri-bullet, add the garlic, ginger, coriander and the juice of one whole lime and blitz until everything has mixed. Pour this mixture in with the chicken and onions and let the flavours seep in.
- STEP 3In a small bowl, mix the cumin and turmeric as well as the coconut flour. Add some salt and pepper too. Pour the coconut milk over the chicken, adding in the spice mix too. Stir and make sure everything is coated and mix together.
- STEP 4Leave to simmer for around 20 minutes, so everything is cooked through and the flavours really start to come out. Add more salt and pepper for taste.
- STEP 5Enjoy on a bed of rice or courgetti noodles topped with flaked almonds and coriander!