Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 1
- 500g Mussels
- 1 Chopped Shallot
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 100ml White WIne
- 50ml Double Cream
- STEP 1Remove any 'Beards' from the mussels. Run under cold water and discard of any which are open. Leave for 4 hours and check for open ones agin.
- STEP 2Fry shallots and garlic for approx 3 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the mussels and wine then cover with a lid. Cook for 6-8 minutes without removing the lid. (Shake the pan a couple of times).
- STEP 4Check that all the mussels have opened . (If a lot are still closed, continue cooking or if just couple are still shut, throw them away)
- STEP 5Place the mussels in a bowl, and add the cream to the pan. Bring to a boil, add parsley then pour over the mussels and serve.