Pork with creamy cheese & onion sauce and cheese parsley crumb
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Pork smothered in a rich and creamy cheese and onion sauce topped with a crunchy cheese and parsley crumb
- 2 Pork Loin Steaks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 cup/235ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 50g Cream Cheese
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Slice of White Bread, breadcrumbed
- Small bunch of Parsley, roughly chopped
- 30g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- STEP 1Flatten the pork with a mallet or rolling pin or whatever you have to hand and season the meat. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- STEP 2Next, make your cheese and onion sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan and once melted, add the flour. Stir the flour through the melted butter for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened and created a roux. Slowly add the milk to the roux to form the sauce. Once the sauce has a fairly thick texture add the cream cheese and mix well. Take the sauce off the heat and add the raw onion.
- STEP 3Place pork in an oven proof dish and cover with the cheese and onion sauce.
- STEP 4To make the crumb topping combine the breadcrumbs with the grated cheese and parsley. Sprinkle over the sauce covered pork and put in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 25-30mins or until pork is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are crispy.