Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Prawn and Pea Egg-White Omelette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Perfect for a quick and easy weekday meal (288 kcals)
- 50g wholewheat couscous
- 4 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 200g egg white
- 125g cooked, peeled prawns
- 125g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp red chilli pesto with tomato
- STEP 1Place the couscous and the salad onions in a heatproof bowl and pour over 75 ml boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, lightly beat the egg whites, then stir in the prawns, peas and sundried tomatoes.
- STEP 3Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir, along with the salad onions, into the omelette mix.
- STEP 4Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan and cook the omelette for 5 mins on each side until nicely browned and cooked through, adding a little extra oil to the pan if required.
- STEP 5Cut into wedges, dot with chilli pesto and serve.