Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chestnut and Cranberry Stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Slight twist on traditional Christmas stuffing. Quick and easy to make and freezes well.
- 350g good quality sausagemeat
- 1 small onion
- 100g cooked chestnuts
- 1 medium egg
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 30g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- STEP 1Finely chop the onion and lightly fry in olive olive to soften (garlic infused if you have it).
- STEP 2Stir the onion into the sausagemeat with chopped chestnuts, cranberries (chopped or unchopped to your taste), mixed herbs and seasoning.
- STEP 3Stir in beaten egg and add the breadcrumbs. If mixture is too wet add more breadcrumbs.
- STEP 4Once well combined place in a greased dish and cook for 40 minutes. Gas 4/180°/160° fan.
- STEP 5If planning to freeze, cool completely, cover and freeze on same day. Defrost completely and reheat until piping hot.