Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Potato cakes with leeks and tuna
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
My dad liked to do potato cakes with the left over mashed potatoes, a recipe shown to him by his dad. In reality you can mix whatever you want into the mashed potato, all you need is the potato and an egg. I don´t use traditional mesurements.
- 1 big potato
- 1 large leek
- 1 onion
- tuna (to your liking)
- 1-2 eggs (to hold the mix)
- grated cheese (to your liking)
- pinch of salt
- pich of pepper
- STEP 1Peel the potatoes, chop the onion and leek and put them on to boil. There isn't any need to chop the onion finely.
- STEP 2When the potatoes are cooked strain them then mash them all together using the butter to make it creamy. Add the tuna, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper and mash again.
- STEP 3Heat oil in a frying pan until sizling. Using the flour make the cakes to the shape and size of your liking and cook them in the frying pan until brown and crispy.