Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Poached Haddock with Parsley Sauce. A great introduction to fish for novice chefs!
For the Fish
- 2 Medium or 1 Large Fillets of Haddock (Prepared by your fish monger)
- 1/2 Pint of Milk (or enough to just cover fish)
- Large Knob of Butter
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Chopped Fresh Chive
- On the Side
- 8-12 New Potatoes
- 1/2 Sliced Savoy Cabbage
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C
- STEP 2Remove any pin bones from the fish with tweezers. Lightly season with pepper, salt is unnecisary with the variety of fish.
- STEP 3Place the Haddock skin down in a ceramic dish. The add the milk until it just covers the fish. Then place small knobs of butter along the fish. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your fish.
- STEP 4Depending on the size and variety of the new potatoes either half or boil whole in lightly salted water.
- STEP 5When cooked remove the fish from the dish and place under low heat to keep warm. Transfer the milk into a saucepan and add the chopped herbs. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce a little.
- STEP 6Add the 1/2 sliced Savoy Cabbage to lightly seasoned boiling water for 2-4minutes
- STEP 7To serve place the Haddock on top of a bed of savoy cabbage, with new potatoes on the side. Drizzle with the sauce reduction.