Sausagemeat and Carrot Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This unusual combination of ingredients leads to a comfort food overload.
- 8oz Pork Sausagemeat
- 1 tablespoon of Oil
- 1/2 of Butter
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 120ml of Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 12 ounces of Fussili Pasta
- 3 ounces Mature Cheddar Cheese
- STEP 1If using whole sausage remove meat from skins.
- STEP 2Grate/shred the carrots
- STEP 3Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until translucent.
- STEP 4Add the sausage meat and lightly brown, breaking it up with a fork.
- STEP 5Add the carrot and stir for a few minutes
- STEP 6Add the tomatoes, stock bay leaf and oregano and cook, covered over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- STEP 7Taste for seasoning-if the sausages are spicy you may not need any
- STEP 8Cook and drain pasta
- STEP 9Mix pasta with the sauce and serve.
- STEP 10Serve cheese separately.