Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lasagna Stuffed MeatLoaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This is essentially a Lasagna but inside out and Less messy - easier to eat with real chips.
- 750g of Minced Beef Steak (5% fat or Less)
- 1tsp Salt and 1 tsp black Pepper
- 3 x Crush Garlic Cloves
- 1 x Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 2 x Eggs (Whisked)
- 3 tbsp of Breadcrumbs
- 4 Dried Lasagna Sheets
- 300g Ricotta
- 12 Slices of mozzarella
- 250 g Jar of Lasagna / Bolonaise sauce
- STEP 1Mix the beef, salt n pepper, crushed garlic, whisked eggs, 1 tsp parsley, tomato puree and breadcrumbs up in a bowl.
- STEP 2split the mixture into 4. Keep 1/4 spare and then line a meatloaf tray with the remaining mince mixture. pressing down on the bottom and sides so it is firm and stuck.
- STEP 3Place 1 of the Lasagna sheets on the bottom of the tray - on the meat.
- STEP 4Mix 1 tsp of salt / pepper and the remaining parsley to the ricotta and spread about 1/3 of the ricotta onto the first layer of lasagna. Then add 3 slices of mozzarella. The add another layer of Lasagna, 1/3 Ricotta, 3 x Mozzarella sheets And Repeat.
- STEP 5Roll out the 1/4 of left over mince and place on top of the final layer of mozzarella. Pinch it into the sides to seal the meatloaf.
- STEP 6bake for around 40 minutes on 180c - 30 minutes on Fan assisted ovens.
- STEP 7take of of the oven and remove from the meatloaf tray. Place on a baking tray and pour over the bolognaise sauce and place the remaining sliced cheese on top. Grill till the cheese melts, slice and serve.