Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
How to make Ramen Noodles from scratch
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Well, I used to eat a lot of instant noodles and that really wasn't healthy, but I didn't want to give up noodles. So I thought to myself the fresh one should be healthy enough, and here we are.
- 2 Tablespoons of Baked Baking Soda
- 100ml of warm water
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (can be replaced with bread flour)
- Corn flour for dusting
- STEP 1To get Baked baking soda just put baking soda in an oven for 1 hour at 120 C
- STEP 2Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and just start kneading the dough. It might look like that the dought need extra water but DON'T add any, it will ruin the noodles. It just takes some time, all the dough will bind together. After the kneading is done just fold the dough onto itself and keep kneading for some time.
- STEP 3There are two ways to do this step, you can use a pasta machine to cut the dough into thin noodle strands, or you could roll the dough out to about a few millimetres thick and cut it up into strands.