Leek and Potato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1tsp oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- half litre of veg stock (plus extra if needed)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- STEP 1Fry the onion and leek together with the oil in a large saucepan until soft. Add the potatoes, nutmeg and stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins until potatoes are softened, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 2When potatoes are soft enough, break them in the pan with a fork to get a blended effect. Once potatoes are blended in stir then simmer for another 5-10 mins. Add more stock if needed.
- STEP 3Season to taste and serve with crusted rolls or bread of your choice.