- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g Can of chick peas (~240g drained)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Large bunch of coriander
- Medium bunch of parsley
- 1.5 tsp Cumin seeds, roughly ground
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds, roughly ground
- 1/2 Onion, grated
- 50g Plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Oil for frying
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Drain chick peas, pat dry and add to food processor with onion and garlic. Pulse to a more or less smooth texture. Decant to mixing bowl.
- STEP 2Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Shape into walnut sized balls then flatten slightly to give a disc twice as wide as it is high. Dip into sesame seeds to cover if using.
- STEP 3Heat the oil and fry in batches flipping to ensure they're golden brown on both sides and drain on some kitchen paper.