Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
ginger snap cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20 or more cookies
If you find these boring you can add any types of sweets or chocolate
- 350g plain flour
- 175g light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g butter or margerine
- 1 free range egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon biscarb soda
- icing pens
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4. Grease to baking trays.
- STEP 2Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and sift ginger , cinnamon and biscarb soda on the top.
- STEP 3Chop the butter into small pieces and use your fingers to rub it in to the flour until the mixture is like fine bread crumbs.
- STEP 4Stir in the sugar and anything you want to add , like sweets. Beat the egg in a small bowl and combine the syrup.
- STEP 5Add the egg and syrup mixture to the flour and sugar and mix together well. Use your hands to squeeze the mixture in to the dough.
- STEP 6Sprinkle some flour on to the work top and roll the dough until its half a centimetre thick. Use cookie cutters to cut any shape you want. Gently place them on to the baking trays.
- STEP 7Continue until all the dough is used up , then place the trays in the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown.
- STEP 8Leave to cool then decorate with icing pens and sprinkles if you want to.
- STEP 9!yum!