Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Basil Chicken in Coconut-Curry Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or in the refrigerator 1-2 hours.
- More effort
- Serves 4
Nothing overpowering but a wonderful blend of savory spices that tickles your taste buds.
- 4 Chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1/4 ts Chili powder
- 1 large Red onion; chopped
- 5 Garlic; minced
- 2 chilli peppers; seeded
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 14 oz Unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbs Fresh basil; snipped
- 1 tbs Gingerroot; finely chopped
- cooked rice
- Can also be served with Coucous
- STEP 1Rinse chicken; pat dry; cut in 1" pieces. Place in a medium bowl. In a small bowl stir together spices (cardamom to chili powder). Sprinkle over chicken; toss to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or in the refrigerator 1-2 hours.
- STEP 2In a large nonstick wok or skillet cook and stir onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers in hot oil over medium-heat 2 minutes. Remove onion mixture. Add half the chicken to the wok. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until chicken is tender and no pink remains. Remove chicken from wok; cook and remove remaining chicken.
- STEP 3Stir together coconut milk and cornstarch. Carefully add to wok. Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Return chicken and onion mixture to wok. Stir in snipped basil and gingerroot. Cook 2 minutes until heated through. Serve over rice. Garnish with fresh basil.