Creamy Bacon Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Pasta served in a thick, creamy sauce with crispy lardon pieces and softened onion
- Pasta, Fusilli, One bowl full
- White Onion, 1/2
- Leek, 1/4
- Bacon Lardons, 150g
- Cooking Cream, 300ml
- Egg Yolk, 1
- STEP 1Bring your water to a boil and boil your pasta until it is Al Dente. It will continue cooking in the sauce at the end.
- STEP 2Thinly slice your onions and leeks so the onions are almost translucent. Fry these off in a little Virgin Olive or Rapeseed oil until softened. Remove from the pan.
- STEP 3In the same pan, fry off the lardons until cooked to your desire, soft or crispy. Once cooked, add back in the onions and leeks. Cover with the cream and simmer to reduce the sauce, stirring occasionally. The cream can be replaced if intended, it could be made into a white wine sauce or could be replaced with tinned tomatoes.
- STEP 4Take the sauce of the heat and stir though your egg yolk. This will thicken the sauce and make it glossy.
- STEP 5Add your cooked pasta into the sauce and stir thoroughly. Plate up and serve with some finely chopped parsley sprinkled over the top.