Mince Pie and Orange Cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Minimum 2hours chilling
- Makes 1 cake (8-12inch tin)
A festive cheesecake for those who don't like Christmas pudding or fancy a mince pie with a twist.
- 2 packs of Light Philladelphia
- 50-100g Icing Sugar
- 2 packs of Biscuits (Digestive or Ginger)
- Medium size jar of Mincemeat
- 6-10 Oranges
- Bag of Mixed fruit
- Small bar of chocolate
- STEP 1For the base - Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs. Melt the butter in a saucepan and tip in the biscuit and mix well.
- STEP 2With the biscuit spread evenly on the bottom of a cake tin or a flat dish, press down firmly with end of spoon or rolling pin. Place in the fridge to cool.
- STEP 3For the Filling - tip both packs of Philladelphia into a large bowl. Mix together until creamy, and add half of the icing sugar.
- STEP 4With the mincemeat add about 3/4 of the jar to the mix. Stir well
- STEP 5Grate the zest of 1 orange and squeeze the juice from 1 half. With the other half squeeze the juice over the biscuit base.
- STEP 6Add half bag of mixed fruit to the fillings stir well. Add the remaining icing sugar to the mix.
- STEP 7Get the base from the fridge and with the remaining mincemeat spread some over the base.
- STEP 8Spoon the filling onto the biscuit base and spread evenly
- STEP 9For decoration peel the oranges and cut the segments in half. Place around the outside of the cheesecake. Place some mixed fruit on the middle of the cheesecake. Add some more oranges to the middle. Grate the chocolate on top so you get small curls.
- STEP 10Place the cheesecake in the fridge for a minimum of 2hours before eating.