Poached Peach Melba
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Twist on classic dessert, with poached peaches and a raspberry syrup.
- 4 Peaches (approx 450g)
- 150g Raspberries
- 200ml Apple and Raspberry Juice (Copella)
- 65g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sherry (Harvey's Bristol Cream)
- STEP 1Halve, peel and de-stone peaches
- STEP 2Place peaches into a saucepan and cover with liquids and sugar. Add water until the peaches are just covered.
- STEP 3Place onto a low to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Poach until peaches are cooked through, they should be soft but retain their shape. Turn peaches during poaching to ensure they're evenly cooked.
- STEP 4Remove peaches and add raspberries (keep some aside for garnish). Crush raspberries and reduce liquids down to a syrup.
- STEP 5Once syrupy pass through a thin sieve to remove seeds. Blanch raspberries in the syrup for 10-15 seconds.
- STEP 6To serve pour syrup over peaches and garnish with raspberries.