Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Onion Gravy
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A simple onion gravy made with beef stock. You could add dried herbs, such as thyme, if desired. Get loads of flavour with hardly any effort!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 400ml hot beef stock, from a stock cube
- STEP 1Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion and sprinkle with the sugar, then cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until the onion is soft and lightly caramelised.
- STEP 2Sprinkle the flour over the onion, stir and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer gently until thickened.