Smoked Sausage, Peppers and Tomatoes with Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick and easy mid week dinner
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Diced peppers (approx 3 whole peppers)
- Italian Herbs (oregano, basil, Italian seasoning)
- 200g Smoked Sausage (Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage)
- 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- Parmasan Cheese
- STEP 1Dice onion and the garlic. Heat a pan with some of the Olive Oil (roughly 1tbs). Add the onion, peppers and 1 tsp each of Italian herbs mix through. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and slightly translucent. Add the garlic and stir through, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Meanwhile slice the Smoked Sausage. Add to the mixture and stir through, cook for 5 minutes. Add the 400g tin of chopped tomato and stir through. Add a good squeeze of tomato puree and 1tsp sugar. Mix through. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Taking care not to let the mixture dry out, stir occasionally to make sure its not sticking to the bottom of the pan and add spoonfuls of water if needed.
- STEP 3While the sauce is cooking, measure out 75g per person of pasta (penne, fusilli, rigatoni, etc). Bring a pan of water to the boil (with a tsp of salt) and add the pasta and cook as per the packet instructions.
- STEP 4Serve the pasta with the sauce over the top and grate some parmasan over it. Can serve with garlic bread or salad.