Strawberry and Yoghurt Cookies.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 10
A twist on a classic :)
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 80g light brown sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 300 - 400g (chefs discretion) of Fruit Bowl Flakes Strawberry with a Yoghurt Coating
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Take a little nub of butter/marg and grease the paper to avoid the strawberry sticking to the pan.
- STEP 2Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add fruit flakes and stir well.
- STEP 3Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre
- STEP 4If cooked correctly, the strawberries should fall to the bottom and the yoghurt will be mixed within the cookies.
- STEP 5Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes so that the strawberries at the bottom do not drop out.