Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Choc, cherry and coconut tarts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
Little tarts with cocolate and cherry filling and a coconut sponge topping.
- 110g Butter
- 110g Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 55g Caster sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 55g Dessicated Coconut
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 12 Glace cherries
- STEP 1To make pastry, take a large bowl and add half (55g) butter, flour and salt; mix together until mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add your sugar, make a well in the middle of the crumbs. Pour in the egg yolk and add water a little at a time to make a firm dough.
- STEP 2Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead lightly for a minute. Roll the pastry out until it is around 2mm thick cut out 12 rounds with a cutter to fit your bun tin. Take your cake tin and place your pastry rounds in each of the twelve places and put 1/2 teaspoon of nutella and a glace cherry in the centre of the pastry now place the tin to one side.
- STEP 3For the filling, take a clean bowl and add the other half 0f teh butter and sugar; cream them together until pale and fluffy. Add the beaten egg gradually whilst mixing. (If it looks like it is curdling before you have added all the egg add a tsp of flour this should stop it curdling any further.) Now take the coconut,cocoa powder and flour and mix them together. Using a desertspoon, add a spoonful at a time and fold the coconut, cocoa and flour into the mixture, if needed add a small amount a cold water to give a soft dropping consistency.
- STEP 4Now use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture into each of the pastry rounds in your tin. Be careful not to over fill them as they need room to rise. Fill about halfway.
- STEP 5Bake on middle shelf for 15 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch. Best served warm. Can be microwaved for 10 seconds to reheat.