RED MAC N CHEESE
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A delicious twist on an old classic!
- Fresh macaroni 500 grams (from the chiller aisle)
- Avocado oil (I use Olivado brand), a drizzle
- Red pesto (I use Waitrose brand fresh from the chiller aisle)
- pureed garlic, a pinch
- 3-5 slices of cheddar cheese (the sandwich kind)
- STEP 1Boil the macaroni per packet instructions, then drain.
- STEP 2In saucepan, add a very small amount of oil (pesto will also have oil in it) and then immediately add the pesto and garlic. Let it sizzle for a few seconds, stir, then add a quarter of the macaroni.
- STEP 3Tear 2 slices of cheese into pieces and stir into the mac. Then add some more mac, some more cheese and so on until all the mac n cheese have been added (stop adding cheese when you think its enough - some people like it cheesier than others).
- STEP 4When all the cheese has melted, taste and adjust seasoning to your own preference. Serve immediately.