Coconut Meringue With Kiwi and Whipped Cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Hey! I'm 14 years old and I love to cook with ambitions to becoming a chef when I grow up and to encourage me to practise my cooking more often I am attempting to invent new recipes and uploading them here. This dish is extremely easy to make and is a great dessert with tropical flavours!
- 2 Egg Whites
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 4tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 4 Kiwi Fruits
- 200ml Double Cream
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 140C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- STEP 2Break the egg whites into a bowl and use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs - whisk until stiff peaks form. Slowly mix in the caster sugar and gently fold in the coconut using a wooden spoon. Separate the mixture into 4 equally sized mounds on the baking tray; bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, remove the skin from the kiwi fruits and chop into small dice (1/4" x 1/4" x 1/4"). Whip the double cream until it thickens and then put into the fridge until serving.
- STEP 4Once the meringues have been in the oven for 30 minutes, turn the oven off but leave the meringues in the oven for a further 1/2 hour.
- STEP 5Afterwards, take the meringue out the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack. When ready to serve, mix together the whipped cream and chopped Kiwi. Spoon on top of each meringue and you are ready to eat!