- Preparation and cooking time
- Leave in the fridge over night.
- More effort
- Makes 1
Tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert. What makes it different from other desserts is its intense coffee flavor and the wonderful taste of Mascarpone cheese.
- - 200g sponge fingers
- - 250g mascarpone cheese
- - 4 egg youlks
- - 300 ml warm water with 2 tsp instant coffee
- - 300 ml double cream
- - 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- - 1 tsp vanilla esence
- - 5 tbsp icing sugar
- - 2 tbsp Marsala wine, I used french brandy
- - cocoa for decorating
- STEP 1Start by preparing the coffee and let it cool down. Mix the egg yolks with the icing sugar until the sugar melts. Place the bowl in a pan with boiling water, being careful that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water and keep mixing until you get a smooth and thick cream. Take the cream off the heat and add the vanilla essence, let it cool down and stir from time to time to prevent a crust forming.
- STEP 2Mix the double cream until stiff. In a different bowl mix the mascarpone cheese with the vanilla sugar then add the cream. At the end pour in the egg yolks and mix gently. Put it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- STEP 3After the cream has set line a loaf tin or a cake tray with cling film, dunk the sponge fingers in the coffee then place them in the tray covering the bottom of the dish completely. Continue layering the cake with a spread of cream then another one with sponge fingers. Keep doing this until you use all the cream making sure the last layer is one of sponge fingers.
- STEP 4Cover the cake with cling film and put it in the fridge over night. When ready turn over on a plate, remove the clingfilm and cut as you wish. ENJOY!!!