Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spanish Chicken Stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour 45 mins plus 1+ hours marinating
- Serves 4
A comforting stew using Spanish flavours
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 red onion - chopped
- 2 carrots (or 1 big) - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 red pepper - de seeded and sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds - bashed in a pestle and mortar
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 200ml chicken stock - (made with a cube)
- handful of pitted green olives - roughly chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Marinate chicken in 1 1/2 tsp Sweet paprika, seasoning and a splash of olive oil. Leave for an hour, or longer if possible.
- STEP 2Preheat oven to 190 C, then heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a casserole or tagine.
- STEP 3Fry chicken for a couple of minutes each side until browned then remove.
- STEP 4Add the onion, garlic, carrot and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- STEP 5Add the red pepper and remaining spices, stir fry for 1 minute then return chicken to the pan.
- STEP 6Add the tomatoes, dried spices, stock and sherry vinegar then bring to the boil, season, then cover and put in the oven for 1 hour until the chicken is cooked through.
- STEP 7Add the chopped olives and stir through.
- STEP 8Serve with couscous.