Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Thai Red Chicken Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Delicious and fragrant- Serve with rice, Jasmine rice goes really well!
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1 large onion
- 2 red peppers
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube dissolved in 150ml water
- splash of olive oil
- STEP 1Heat oil in wok or large saucepan, add diced chicken and cook for 4-5 mins or until lightly browned and sealed. Add the garlic and onion and cool for a further 2-3 mins.
- STEP 2Add the ginger, coconut milk, lemon grass stalk, red curry paste. Stir in the soy sauce and coriander. Gradually add the chicken stock.
- STEP 3Bring to the boil, then turn to low heat and simmer for 25 mins, until sauce has reduced a little and chicken is cooked thoroughly. Remove lemon grass.
- STEP 4Serve with boiled rice