Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spiced Scotch Eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Including 30 minutes to set in fridge
- A challenge
- Serves 10
Cumin Spiced Basmati 'Scotch Eggs' served with Aioli http://www.tilda.com/foodservice/recipes
- 220g Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or to taste
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 bulb garlic, finely diced
- ÃÂ½ litre vegetable stock
- ÃÂ½ tsp cumin, or to taste
- ÃÂ¼ pint double cream
- 80g parmesan cheese
- 30 quail's eggs
seasoned flour, for pane
- seasoned flour, for pane
8 eggs, for egg wash
- 500g white breadcrumbs
- garlic mayonnaise, olive oil and lemon juice, to serve
- STEP 1Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic without colouring.
- STEP 2Add the Tilda Original Pure Basmati with a little stock and cook like risotto.
- STEP 3Keep stirring and adding stock. Add cumin to taste, and when just cooked, add the cream and grated cheese. Stir until blended then pour onto a tray and allow to cool.
- STEP 4Mould rice around quail eggs and set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- STEP 5Pane the eggs'ÃÂ then pass though the egg wash and breadcrumbs again to give a good crust.
- STEP 6To cook, deep fry in hot oil until golden brown then finish in a hot oven for five minutes.
- STEP 7To serve, cut in half, squeeze with lemon, sit each half on garlic mayonnaise and drizzle with olive oil.