- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A quick, easy and simple pasta sauce.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 500g passata
- 80g pancetta
- Optional herbs - I use 1/2tsp of dried rosemary and oregano and 2 bay leafs
- STEP 1Slice onion and garlic into small pieces and fry the onion in oil. Once the onion has been fried for 2-3 minutes add the garlic and slightly turn down the heat on the pan.
- STEP 2Add the pancetta to the pan and fry. Once the pancetta is starting to get crispy add the passata. And the optional herbs.
- STEP 3When the sauce starts boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- STEP 4Serve with pasta.